The PRMN (Protection and Return Monitoring Network) is a UNHCR-led project implemented in partnership with
NRC which identifies and reports on displacements and return trends of populations in Somalia. The network
also identifies and reports on protection risks and incidents underlying such movements. The figures shown
refer to displacements not population balances. Not all displacements in Somalia are captured - only figures
collected by PRMN are reported. This report should be read in conjunction with the
Notes on PRMN Methodology which outline the approach and certain limitations. More information on Somalia
can be found on the
UNHCR Somalia Data Portal.
How to use
- Click and drag (brush) on 'Monthly Displacements' chart to select month(s).
- Click on any other chart or map element to filter and slice the data, click again on the same element to undo.
- To combine multiple filters, click multiple chart or map elements on any chart or map.
- Copy the link once you're done to share or tweet.
- Use the 'Clear' button to clear all filters for a specific chart or map
- Use 'Clear All Filters' button to clear all your filters for all charts and maps.
Internal displacement dataset by month, reason and region is available
CC licence by IGOs. Please attribute data to "UNHCR-led Protection and Return Monitoring Network (PRMN) Somalia".